The Relax The Back® in Santa Monica is nestled in the heart of one of Southern California’s most beautiful cities. A stone’s throw from the beach, our back store has been frequented by movie stars and regular folks alike, both looking for more back comfort and back pain relief. With its wide variety of Zero Gravity chairs, Tempur-Pedic® mattresses, ergonomic office chairs, massage chairs, and fitness equipment, there is a little something for everyone.
The Relax The Back® store in Santa Monica promotes the Neutral Posture Concept, which was developed by scientists at NASA. Neutral Posture is when the body is in its most relaxed, comfortable state. Technically, it’s when your feet are above your spine, promoting circulation and reducing pressure on the spine.
For products that promote Neutral Posture, please try our back store’s Zero Gravity chairs, massage chairs, Tempur-Pedic® mattresses and pillows, Lifeform® office chairs, and more. Our back store’s staff consultants are trained to fit you with products that can relieve the symptoms associated with spinal stenosis, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, osteoporosis and more.
Another perk at the Santa Monica Relax The Back® is its free massages in its most popular massage chair, the Sogno DreamWave™ by Inada. Come in today for a free massage down by the beach!
Need to find another store? Click here for more Relax The Back locations in your area.
Business to Business
Ask The Experts at Relax The Back
Your employees (whether they number 2 or 200) are your most important asset. Good ergonomics keep them healthier and more productive. A healthy workspace is the sum of many parts. It's a system based on whole body ergonomics, where best angles, proper heights and convenient levels all work together to achieve maximum comfort. The way we see it, work shouldn’t be a pain. Ever.
At Relax The Back, we understand that proper ergonomics is the key to happier, more productive employees. Our Consultants have completed in-depth training and achieved national recognition as Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialists. This makes them uniquely qualified to help you choose the right products for your work area, and to conduct on-site workplace evaluations based on guidelines from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.
Keep in mind that the prices you see on this site are retail. We offer many special programs to our business-to-business clients including:
• Multi-Chair Discounts - We cater to corporations of any size. We provide ergonomic consultations and discounts on multi-chair orders.
• Ergonomic Office Assessment - Let our Business Ergonomics Consultant properly assess your work environment and help you select products and accessories to properly support you while you work.
• FREE Office Ergonomics Education - We’ll educate your staff on the proper workstation set-up and how to work more efficiently to avoid injury.
• FREE In-Office Set-up - Once your products arrive, we’ll deliver them to your office and educate you on the proper use of the product and how to incorporate them into your workstation for maximum effectiveness.
Did You Know…
• Each year, 1.8 million U.S. workers experience work-related injuries caused by overexertion or repetitive motion – injuries known as musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). About 600,000 of those are serious enough to require time off work and account for one-third of all workers’ compensation costs annually.
• According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), the average cost per incidence of an MSD is estimated to be $12,000, which includes lost work with full wages, replacement wages, lost productivity, and medical treatment (not including surgery). If surgery is required, the average cost bumps up to $43,000 per incidence, according to the American Society of Orthopedic Surgeons.
• In a recent case study, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company discovered that “Every $1 invested in Safety/Ergo has a $3 -- $6 return on investment.”
• In her March 2013, Keynote Address at the Applied Ergonomics Conference (Dallas, TX), Janet Froetscher, President & CEO of the National Safety Council said that companies could save between $9 Billion to $23 Billion in Workers’ Comp expenses if they invested in Ergonomics.
We also accept purchase orders and provide an easy solution for quick product re-ordering.
Relax The Back makes buying chairs and other ergonomic office accessories for your company easier.
Buy Now, Pay Later on Many Products
48 Month Financing on Recliners, Massage Chairs and Tempur-Pedic. See store for details.