Overland Park / Office
The buzz around ergonomics has been steadily growing in recent years, and it’s no mystery why. The benefits of an office space that promotes proper alignment of the spine include freedom from physical discomfort as well as a boost in productivity. Some people, however, are still unclear on what “ergonomic” actually means and why it would benefit the office workers of Overland Park.
Ergonomics is the applied science of designing and arranging items in an office so that the worker can interact with them in the most safe and efficient manner. With office-related products, designing for both comfort and function is critical to creating the freedom and security from physical ailments for workers who are required to sit for hours at a time. Liberation from work-related physical maladies enables the desk worker to remain focused and alert. This can improve productivity and efficiency in the work place.
How to create proper ergonomics in your work spaceA number of factors work together to create proper ergonomics in your place of work. From full-body positioning to details like lighting, the ergonomic office promotes both the personal physical health of the worker and the efficiency and output of the business.
• Introducing stand-up desks to your workspace can create opportunities for the worker to switch positions and engage their legs throughout the day, promoting muscle use and improving circulation.
• Ergonomic desk chairs support the body in a neutral position, ensuring proper alignment of the spine and relieving pressure on the spinal disks. Full-body circulation is improved, and strain on the neck, back, and shoulders is reduced.
• Ergonomic footrests promote proper full-body posture by alleviating pressure on the lower back. Dynamic footrests encourage leg activity and create options for movement.
• Keyboard trays reduce stress on one of the most often-injured joints: the wrists. By bringing the computer keyboard to a comfortable angle, the wrists are not strained and typing for hours a day becomes more comfortable and pain-free.
• Proper office lighting can create a peaceful ambiance and improve productivity and morale in your place of work. Neutral white lighting eases strain on the eyes, and helps the worker focus on the task at hand.
• Full office workstations demonstrate how the numerous parts work together in harmony to create a comfortable, efficient place of operation.
A Safe and Comfortable OfficeStop in to our store in Overland Park to see the myriad ways you can improve your workspace today. Speak to one of our knowledgeable ergonomic office specialists to zero in on your office’s main sources of inefficiency, and outfit yourself with the needed tools to create a safe, comfortable, and functional work environment.
Brezza by Relax The Back®
The Brezza by Relax The Back® offers the advantage of a breathable mesh back, then lets you add the custom options you want.starting at $895.00More Info
Contour Lumbar/Cervical Cushion
The Contour Lumbar/Cervical Cushion is also good after hard day's work, when your body needs to rest and recuperate.regular price $59.00More Info
Easy Lift Tilt Keyboard Combo
Keyboard platform allows users to mouse on the left or right side in one simple motion. The platform's design keeps the elbows closer to the body for a more neutral arm position eliminating arm and shoulder stress. Height and angle adjusts for optimal data entry position.regular price $299.00More Info
Humanscale Quick Stand Workstation
Movement is at the core of good health, so keep moving effortlessly between seated and standing with this height adjustable workstation that clamps to any fixed height surface. Accommodates a monitor up to 24".starting at $799.00More Info
Humanscale® Freedom™ Task Chair with Headrest
All Humanscale® Freedom™ Task Chair models are designed to automatically support the body with minimal need for manual controls.starting at $1,029.00More Info
Humanscale® Liberty™ Office Chair
Unlike many office chairs with backs made of a single panel of stretch mesh, the Humanscale® Liberty™ Office Chair has a tri-panel, non-stretch construction.starting at $949.00More Info
Humanscale® Monitor Arm
The Humanscale® Monitor Arm reduces neck and upper back pain by allowing you to effortlessly adjust the position of your flat panel monitor’s position.regular price $269.00More Info
iLevel Laptop Raiser
The iLevel makes it easier to view the computer screen without straining your eyes or your shoulder muscles.regular price $80.00
Kneeling Posture Chair
The active seating introduced by the Kneeling Posture Chair reduces lower back pain and encourages proper posture. It also uses your back muscles to help you maintain good balance while aligning your back, shoulders and neck.regular price $399.00More Info
Lifeform® Ultimate High Back Executive Office Chair
Ergonomic office chairs increase productivity by allowing you to sit comfortably for longer periods of time.starting at $1,995.00More Info
Lifeform® Ultimate Mid Back Executive Office Chair
Perfect for those looking for medium height with exceptional ergonomic design. 5 adjustable controls put you in an optimal seating position to relieve pressure and encourage correct posture.starting at $1,795.00More Info
Relax The Back® Foot Rest
Adjustable footrest helps maintain correct posture, increases circulation and relieves back pain-a must with every office chair.regular price $49.00More Info
The Variable™ balans® both encourages your body to move and reacts to every one of its movements.starting at $395.00