Newton / Office
The modern office space has confined us to our office chairs for far too long. Studies have suggested that sitting “is the new smoking,” and that prolonged sitting can actually reduce your lifespan. Sitting in one position for prolonged periods of time puts a lot of pressure on the spine, increasing aches and pains throughout the day. This seemingly small, daily discomforts can accumulate into major health issues. Diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and even cancer have been linked to a sedentary lifestyle. If you want your Addison office experience to be more comfortable and more productive, then ergonomic office furniture can help counteract the serious damage done by staying seated.
Ergonomics to the RescueImproper ergonomics might not sound like a huge problem until you start listing all the potential symptoms: headaches, eye fatigue and strain, spinal curvature, poor circulation, and swelling and numbness of the legs. These nagging maladies all contribute to the decline in energy and focus that manifest as poor performance from depleted employees.
But there is hope. Companies that offer ergonomic workstations report a 40% improvement in organizational productivity. Creating a comfortable, ergonomic office promotes neutral posture that aligns the vertebrae and alleviates disc pressure and muscle pain while promoting healthy blood flow. It only takes a few key elements to create an ergonomic workstation that your workdays more manageable and fruitful.
Your Ergonomic Workspace AwaitsIt doesn’t take much to insert more ergonomically friendly activities and habits into your day. Here are a few tips and suggestions from our consultants to banish lethargy and keep employees healthy.
- A standing desk alleviates stress on the back and legs and improves circulation, freeing your body and your brain to focus on the task at hand. Many standing desk converts also report greater core strength after kissing their office chairs goodbye!
• If you need to have a seat, our standing desks adjust quickly and quietly to a seated desk at the push of a button. Sitting is far less detrimental to the spine when you have an ergonomic office chair to support your lumbar, arms, and legs properly. Relax The Back chairs are built to conform to your body, not vice-versa, ensuring you’re in the best position to do your job efficiently.
• It’s easy to forget about your legs when you’re sitting all day, but a raised footrest can counteract the negative effects of sitting. Rocking footrests prevent you from sitting in the same static position all day, ensuring healthy circulation and increased energy.
• Monitor arms and laptop raisers make sure your monitor, laptop or tablet is at the proper height and distance, relieving stress to your eyes and neck.
• A wide variety of keyboard trays not only provide proper ergonomic support for your arms and hands but also allow for easy, clean storage of your keyboard and mouse. An ergonomic perfect workspace that works in tandem with taking regular breaks, staying hydrated, and moving when possible will keep you refreshed and energized throughout the day.
An ergonomic perfect workspace that works in tandem with taking regular breaks, staying hydrated, and moving when possible will keep you refreshed and energized throughout the day. Your perfect workday is in reach! Visit Relax The Back Addison to learn more about effective ergonomic office support.
Brezza by Relax The Back®
The Brezza by Relax The Back® offers the advantage of a breathable mesh back, then lets you add the custom options you want.starting at $895.00More Info
Contour Lumbar/Cervical Cushion
The Contour Lumbar/Cervical Cushion is also good after hard day's work, when your body needs to rest and recuperate.regular price $59.00More Info
Easy Lift Tilt Keyboard Combo
Keyboard platform allows users to mouse on the left or right side in one simple motion. The platform's design keeps the elbows closer to the body for a more neutral arm position eliminating arm and shoulder stress. Height and angle adjusts for optimal data entry position.regular price $299.00More Info
Humanscale Quick Stand Workstation
Movement is at the core of good health, so keep moving effortlessly between seated and standing with this height adjustable workstation that clamps to any fixed height surface. Accommodates a monitor up to 24".starting at $799.00More Info
Humanscale® Freedom™ Task Chair with Headrest
All Humanscale® Freedom™ Task Chair models are designed to automatically support the body with minimal need for manual controls.starting at $1,029.00More Info
Humanscale® Liberty™ Office Chair
Unlike many office chairs with backs made of a single panel of stretch mesh, the Humanscale® Liberty™ Office Chair has a tri-panel, non-stretch construction.starting at $949.00More Info
Humanscale® Monitor Arm
The Humanscale® Monitor Arm reduces neck and upper back pain by allowing you to effortlessly adjust the position of your flat panel monitor’s position.regular price $269.00More Info
iLevel Laptop Raiser
The iLevel makes it easier to view the computer screen without straining your eyes or your shoulder muscles.regular price $80.00
Kneeling Posture Chair
The active seating introduced by the Kneeling Posture Chair reduces lower back pain and encourages proper posture. It also uses your back muscles to help you maintain good balance while aligning your back, shoulders and neck.regular price $399.00More Info
Lifeform® Ultimate High Back Executive Office Chair
Ergonomic office chairs increase productivity by allowing you to sit comfortably for longer periods of time.starting at $1,995.00More Info
Lifeform® Ultimate Mid Back Executive Office Chair
Perfect for those looking for medium height with exceptional ergonomic design. 5 adjustable controls put you in an optimal seating position to relieve pressure and encourage correct posture.starting at $1,795.00More Info
Relax The Back® Foot Rest
Adjustable footrest helps maintain correct posture, increases circulation and relieves back pain-a must with every office chair.regular price $49.00More Info
The Variable™ balans® both encourages your body to move and reacts to every one of its movements.starting at $395.00