You might also like
- Outstanding Pillow
- We've had a Tempurpedic mattress for several years and love it, but my Tempurpedic pillow was getting on up in years, and needed to be replaced. I'm a side sleeper, and when I went online to see reviews of Tempurpedic's pillow for side sleepers, the reviews were mixed. I went to our local Relax The Back store and tried one out. It felt great. The ContourSide Pillow is fantastic, and I'm so glad I have it. I actually think I sleep better at night with my new pillow,
- Odd and uncomfortable ridge that presses into the jaw
- There is a ridge at the lower edge of the pillow that is sharply defined and presses into my neck and jaw. This is uncomfortable and strange. I don't see what value it adds. I punch it down flat before I sleep and that helps a little. Also if you like to sleep in any other position than side, the pillow does not work. I sometimes sleep on my stomach, and I have to push the pillow out of the way and sleep flat on the mattress. Ouch! I will be looking for a new pillow soon, but since I paid so much for this one, I am waiting a while.
- Neck problems and side sleeper Contour Pillow
- This pillow is not for people who have neck problems. The ridge that shapes around the jaw beomes a painful experience. The ridge pushes into the discs of the neck moving them around to cause pinched nerves and possible more damage. This side contour pillow is very uncomfortable on the ears. I was unable to switch sides as the discs in my neck were then pushed the other way causing more pain and a sleepless night. The money involved was a loss as these pillows cannot be returned.
- I've had two and will continue to sleep on this pillow
- This is the second pillow I've had in 6 yrs. I bought the first to relieve my jaw slipping out of joint while sleeping on my side after my Dr recommended surgery for a meniscus problem. This pillow did the trick. My jaw had slipped once since sleeping on this pillow. Surgery or $$$ for this pillow? Thank you to Relax the Back for this product!
- Best Pillow EVER!
- I saw one of the other reviews said theirs didn't hold up after a few months. I've had mine for at least 5 years and it's as good as day 1, so maybe they got a faulty one. (?) Weird... My mom and her husband are both cheap and don't like to spend money on things unnecessarily. But after they tried mine, they bought 2 and couldn't live without them. My boyfriend just paid $50 for an imitation version on Amazon. It hurt his neck and he was stiff all the next day. Last night he tried this pillow. I asked him how he liked the pillow and he said, 'What pillow? Asked him about his neck pain and he said, 'What pain?' He then said he'd be buying one for himself very soon. The results speak for themselves.
The only word of warning that I recently discovered...if it's cold (yes, I took it camping since I can't live w/o it), it starts to feel like a cardboard box. I also discovered that at Christmastime...I forgot it in my car when staying at a friends overnight. When I went out in the cold to get it, it was hard. It didn't get soft until it warmed up. So it might not be the best pillow for regular camping our unheated cabin excursions. :)
- Perfect pillow at first, but doesn't hold up after 5 months of use
- I bought the 5" pillow around Christmas after testing it in the store, and the first few nights were challenging. My neck hurt in ways I didn't expect, but I decided to give it a little time since this was the only pillow I'd ever found that was thick enough to truly support my head in the right position while side-sleeping. I'm glad I did, because after a few nights, I loved it! My sinuses started to open up, and my posture was noticeably improved when I woke up and throughout the day. LOVE THIS PILLOW! The only problem is that about a month ago (after only 4 months of use), I noticed a definite drop in support, and the pillow has gotten noticeably "squishier". This means that my head and neck are no longer in the right alignment, and I might have to get a new pillow. At $149 each, that's a LOT of money to pay every 5 months. I'm rating this low because of that, otherwise I'd give this pillow 5 stars.
- i thought tempurpedic was king, until i tried the contourside pillow
- So we tried this pillow and loved it so much more than the Tempurpedic side sleeper pillow. My chiropractor recommended the Tempurpedic, and I've used it for years, but while my neck is supported, the top of my head feels like it falls downward. This contourside pillow keeps the head level! Finally, no more sinus drainage when I'm sick!
- Not as good as they say
- The salesperson at Relax The Back highly recommended the side sleeper pillow. I have had the pillow for a week and have not had a good nights sleep. My neck pain has increased since using the pillow and If you roll onto your back, the pillow is very uncomfortable. The pillow is expensive and DEFINITELY not work the money. This item can't be returned so it just ends up being another dust collector in the closet. I do not recommend this pillow.
- I have a very hard time sleeping comfortably. About 10 years ago I bought a tempurpedic neck pillow which I loved and slept well on for many years. About six months ago I began having neck problems and decided I was long overdue for a new pillow. However, the reviews I have read recently suggest that the tempurpedic neck pillows made today no longer provide the same level of support that they did when I first bought mine. I didn't want to risk buying another one, just to be disappointed. I found very good reviews on the Relax the Back Contour Side Pillow and decided to purchase it. I have had it about a month now and I sleep better than I have in years. It provides great support for my neck and is super comfortable to sleep on. I'm thankful that I found it and have no regrets on my purchase. I highly recommend this pillow.
- I have had this pillow for years and recently I went on vacation and forgot to take it. For three days my neck was really tight and I woke up with headaches. I highly recommend this for side sleepers. Keeps your head and neck aligned perfectly.