The Novus Zero Gravity Recliner is one of Relax The Back's most popular products, as it combines an advanced lumbar support and an articulating headrest for the most comfortable sitting experience
The Novus recliner allows you to you pivot and adjust the precise angle of your chair with minimal effort or with a touch of a button with the optional power upgrade. You will be able to accomplish the Zero Gravity position, which elevates your legs above your heart. In this position, your body circulates evenly and you feel weightless. In addition to the posture advantages, this lumbar support chair features an adaptable back support, a soft headrest, and an optional retractable footrest so you feel comfortable in any position you choose. With the Novus Zero Gravity Recliner, you can sit back as your muscles, joints and spine recover from harsh the effects of gravity.
Please note: if you do not select Standard/Petite Back, we will ship you the Tall version. See details tab for dimensions.
Features & Benefits:
- Zero Gravity recline to reduce body stress caused by gravity
- Cervical pillow support to keep your upper body relaxed and loose
- Articulating headset to give your head support, comfort, and decreased stress
- Air lumbar support to cushion your lower back and allow increased circulation
- Optional power recline available for motorized positioning for easy access to your favorite posture
- Optional retractable footrest available so you can change your reclining position
- Optional memory foam or DACRON® pillow top memory foam available
- Standard: 46"H x 29-1/4"W x 32"D (65"D fully reclined)
Tall: 48"H x 29-1/4"W x 32"D (65"D fully reclined)
Weight Limit: 275 lbs. (manual and powered base)
Height Limit: Approx. 6'3"
Recliner is made to order and does not come assembled.
All upgrades and accessories must be ordered at the same time as the manufacturer cannot make any changes once the chair is built.
Please call Customer Service at 800.222.5728 for more details.
- The Novus Zero Gravity Recliner by Relax The Back is rated out of 5 by 7.Rated 2 out of 5 by Eliza from Wanted Quality We purchased our chair three years ago and unfortunately it has broken. First, the rubber stopper underneath the chair fell apart and now you can't even recline the chair, which was the whole point of buying it. We did get the floor sample but it seemed like it was in great shape when we got it. To see a couple thousand dollars go down the drain is not easy. It was the most expensive piece of furniture we own and now it's worthless.Date published: 2014-10-12Rated 4 out of 5 by DO from A Feel Good Chair BUT.... I have significant spine damage, have owned 2 of the Human Touch Perfect Chairs- they were my beds too, as I could not lie flat on a mattress (a latex mattress ended that, TG!). So....it was time to get a new chair and I tried out this Novus zero gravity chair in the store. I LOVED it right away, it had more cushion & support than the other brand. But after spending more & more time in the chair(at home) I found; It does not tilt back as far, the angles from hip to knee are too severe, making for blood flow issues in lower legs, feet & head, MOST of all-it does NOT get the weight off the spine since it doesn't tilt back enough.It only elevates the legs-but not over heart. I just wish I could take the cushioning from this chair and put it into the Human Touch zero gravity chair-all would be perfect. So....if you need to get the weight /compression off your spine, and/or spend a lot of time in the chair, my advice would be to NOT get this chair-get the other brand the Human Touch. BTW: This Novus chair is also not as wide-if that matters to you.Date published: 2014-10-20Rated 5 out of 5 by Robert from Best recliner I have ever owned I have had this chair for almost a year and have to say that I love this chair. Bought it with the memory foam and deer run premium leather at the Greenwich, Ct store. It is truly an outstanding product. Love the fact that it is made in USA. My only issue is that there is no seperate adjustment for the legs. It would be nice if the leg postion could be adjusted separately. Other than that it is five stars.Date published: 2014-10-26Rated 4 out of 5 by wornstones from I wish I had given this some more thought I got this chair to replace a dilapidated recliner that was causing leg and lower back pain, and in the shop, it seemed to be the answer to my pain. This chair does keep the knees bent, which helps a lot, but now that I've spent a couple of days with it, I'm a little disappointed. The arm rests are very low, so you can't really use them to push yourself up to standing. The angle between your lap and back makes using a laptop computer uncomfortable. Also, I got the one with the motor, and I'm sorry I did that. The effort of getting out of the old recliner gave me a little more exercise. I had to push my legs down to come to a normal sitting position. I could also change sitting positions in the recliner, but there is only one position in this chair, and after about a half hour in that one position, it's difficult to move...as if my muscles are stuck. In the fully reclined position, (knees higher than heart), it becomes difficult to breath, as if my lungs have too much weight on them. The quality is excellent, the leather is beautiful, and I couldn't ask for a better built chair, but it is not as comfortable as I thought it would be for long periods of sitting, and it's not ideal for laptop computer time. There's no way you can jump up out of it (if the doorbell rings), as the motor is slow to return the chair to a normal position for standing up. I have been accustomed to plopping down in the recliner and flipping back into comfort, but with this chair, I have to sit and then wait for the motor to take me to a comfortable angle. Lumbar pillow is a nice addition. I'm hoping I will like it more as time goes on, but if I had known then what I know now, I might not have purchased it. For the price, it has more issues than the lower priced recliners.Date published: 2012-11-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Peter from Very satisfied I tried out all the zero gravity chairs that were at the store. They had the complete line up in stock. I suffer from chronic low back pain from a herniated disk. I was encouraged to try the chairs out by lying in the one the owner felt was the best for 1/2 hour. As a fellow back pain sufferer the owner was a very compassionate and understanding individual. Best customer service I have experienced in any store. I am a physician and am well aware of the reasons for back pain with many back pain patients of my own. After trying all of the zero gravity chairs I would say the best chair for relieving back pain were the zero gravity chairs that came with the built in heaters and massagers. The heat and massage more than doubled the back pain relief. I think it is worth the extra money to get these 2 options built into the chair since unfortunately for many back pain is life long.In the zero gravity position with the heater on and massager on after 1/2 hour my back pain was totally gone and I felt totally relaxed.Date published: 2012-11-23Rated 5 out of 5 by MacM from Love the chair I am 6'4" and the chair fits me perfectly. I've had 3 back and one neck surgery and this chair really is comfortable. Alleviates the pressure on my back and even sitting up to watch TV is very comfortableDate published: 2017-02-10Rated 4 out of 5 by C.C. from Awesome but pricy My buddy has this chair, it's my favorite chair in the world. I want to buy one, but it's expensive. I think it's the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in.Date published: 2013-09-14