The Ergonomic Saddle Stool keeps your spine properly aligned and helps stimulate circulation while conditioning your core muscles.
This saddle stool is the best way to get the right support when performing tasks that require frequent shifts from sitting to standing. This ergonomic saddle stool supports your natural pelvic tilt, keeping your spine properly aligned while stimulating circulation and reducing fatigue. You also get the added benefit of increasing the strength and flexibility of your core muscles. The Saddle Stool by Lifeform & Relax The Back has many key features to improve your spine health and keep you comfortable while working.
Features & Benefits
- Seat shaped to fit your body's natural curves and customizable height adjustments
- Ergonomic saddle stool also features unique tilting and locking so you can move freely as you complete your tasks
- Locks in place for more upright posture
- Wheeled base allows you to freely move between different workstations and easily shift between sitting and standing
- Seat Height: 26.5” - 33.5”
Seat Width: 15.5”
Seat Depth: 14.5”
Overall Depth: 19”
Overall Width: 26”
Weight Limit: 250 lbs.
- Ergonomic Saddle Stool is rated out of 5 by 4.Rated 2 out of 5 by Savannah from Comfortable, but comes with static height This stool definitely improves my posture and helps my back. My seat bones start to hurt after a while, however. The most ridiculous thing is that it arrives with a static strut instead of an adjustable height strut, so you can't change the stool height. There are ZERO instructions in the box, just a black metal cylinder that I assume is the replacement strut that allows the height to be adjusted. I have no idea how to use this cylinder, and a youtube video that indicates you need to "tap the gas cylinder with a hammer" proved useless. Tapping and indeed, hammering, did absolutely nothing and I'm left with a non-adjustable stool. Not what I expected for this price.Date published: 2017-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Chrissa from Saddle Stool Chair is great for core strength I purchase this chair for my special needs child, she has always struggled with chairs without lateral support. We purchased this chair after she started horse riding lessons to supplement the core strength activity at home. Within a few months of use she was able to increase her time from 20 minutes to 50 minutes. Many friends of mine were shocked to see her able to sit in a chair with no back and have perfect posture. It has been a wonderful investment in my daughter's therapy and a comfortable chair for computer work and art time.Date published: 2010-08-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Tori from really helps! I have 4 bulged disks in my lumbar, and I have a job where I sit for 9 hours a day - which really aggravates my back and gives me sciatic pain down my legs. Also my feet and lower legs can swell. So I invested in this chair, and a standing desk. Both take a little getting used to. My sit bones hurt if I use it too long, but no back pain - which is the point. Also the standing desk means I can use the riser on the chair to make sure there are no 90 degree bends in my lower body, reducing swelling, etc. It also help keep me in the proper posture for my low back. The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because it comes assembled with a solid support, not the pneumatic riser. It was nearly impossible to remove the support without damaging the base. The chair comes with no instructions, so I had to look up how to remove the bar on YouTube - which I don't feel I should HAVE to do. So knocked off a point for that. But overall very satisfied!Date published: 2016-10-19Rated 4 out of 5 by Slynnshps from Raises tall, customizable I've had this a few days and love the way it looks (white vinyl with chrome legs) but am slightly disappointed that it isn't more comfortable on my seat - is comfortable on the back. Great for low back pain (I have herniated lumbar discs, 5'3"). I think there is an adaptation curve and the you're supposed to start out slowly and work up the amount of time you sit in it. You can move yourself more forward or backward in the seat to adjust your pelvic tilt and whether your front butts up against the front part of the saddle or not. Like with all saddle stools, it's a great feeling to have my legs hanging downward, feet in front or behind me on the floor. I think one of the best features of this stool is that is rises tall enough for me to use it at a stand up desk. I can alternate between the high stool and standing easily (minus my comfort mat getting in the way of the stool wheels). I was not able to try this out before hand in a store but did try a flatter, tri cornered saddle stool that was so relieving which convinced me to try this one. I can compare it to the Swopper saddle chair and say that I really, really liked that one, but I don't think it rises as high and your feet need to be on the floor in front of you anyway. I want both chairs! I highly recommend trying a saddle stool if you can't sit in a regular chair. Saves my heels from pain for standing all day. Made in Canada!Date published: 2016-04-21