|Summer is the perfect time for some R&R. National Relaxation Day is August 15th, and we believe that relaxation is the key ingredient in staying both happy and healthy. The day was founded all the way back in 1985 by Sean Moeller, who wanted to remind people about the importance of taking the time to slow things down and relax.|
|Life is all about balance, and you’re never too busy to set aside some time for relaxation. Figuring out ways to unwind can reduce the negative effects on the body and mind, calm emotions, and relieve built up tensions that will lead to the improvement of your overall health and wellness.|
|If you’re looking for a few ways to boost your mood and relax, here are some suggestions.|
|- Head to the beach: Immerse yourself in relaxation with a trip down to the beach, soaking up the sun while enjoying the cool, ocean breeze.|
- Listen to music: Not only is music a calming presence, it’s also a great way to reduce stress and even lower your blood pressure.
- Go for a swim: Whether it’s at the public pool or your local gym, swimming is a low-impact exercise that will both cool you off and raise your self-esteem.
- Pick up gardening: Studies show that a hobby such as gardening can help improve your mood, and spending the day in the fresh air surrounded by nature is always recommended.
- Read a book: Reading gives your brain a workout and is especially good for melting away stress. If you like reading in bed, try using Dr. Riter’s Real-Ease Neck Support, as it holds the head up which reduces strain on the neck muscles.
- Plan a picnic: Surrounding yourself with great people and a basket of healthy, delicious food will toss all of your worries to the side and help put things in perspective.
- Go to the movies: Spending a couple of hours in a dark, air-conditioned room is the perfect escape from all of your problems – and a great way to spend some time with family!
|Another way to achieve long-lasting comfort and relaxation is by maintaining a neutral body position. Neutral posture refers to positioning the spinal column and pelvis at specific angles that allow the spine to be in its most relaxed and stable alignment. This position can be enjoyed in all aspects of life; working, relaxing, and sleeping. Bed wedge, seating supports, footrest, and Zero Gravity recliners, such as the Human Touch Perfect Chair, allow you to easily achieve neutral posture to help you fully relax and decompress. |
Proper alignment of the spine allows your muscles to relax. This is our bodies preferred state. Whether you are reading, watching TV, or simply taking a few moments to yourself to relax, the Perfect Chair series will provide you with instant relief and support.