Sciaticais a term used to describe symptoms caused by compression of the sciatic nerve. It is a common reason customers visit Relax The Back seeking relief. The sciatic nerve begins in the lower back and travels down the back of the legs into each foot.
Sciatica symptoms are highly variable. Common symptoms can include the following:
• Pain varying from mild aches and tingling to sharp, burning sensations that occur in one leg.
• Numbness in parts of the leg and hip.
• Muscle weakness.
• Worsening pain from coughing or sneezing.
• Pain triggered by prolonged sitting or standing.
• Pain beginning in the lower back or buttocks and continuing down the back of the thigh into the lower leg or foot.
Stay Active Maintaining a regular exercise routine helps keep sciatica pain away. Work on strengthening your core and back muscles to provide support for muscles in your back.
Ergonomics Maintaining proper posture and having an ergonomic workstation set up will help reduce pain. A footrest keeps your legs active while you work, improving circulation and reducing pressure on tired feet.
Relax The Back is Here to Help
It’s important that you speak with your doctor before performing any new exercises or health regimens. A spine specialists or a physical therapist can find the underlying cause of your pain in order to create a plan suited to your needs.
If you’d like more help in relieving sciatica while at home, at the office, or commuting, visit your local Relax The Back store to speak to a trained consultant. We will make sure you are equipped with the perfect product solutions and information so you can get back to living your life free from pain and discomfort.