This award-winning Freedom Task Chair with a headrest by Humanscale makes it easier to work for extended periods, while lowering the risk of work-related injury.
The Humanscale Freedom Task Chair with Headrest minimizes the need for manual controls while still maximizing natural, spontaneous movement, which is essential for a healthy body and a comfortable day's work. This means you can enjoy all the features of the Freedom Chair with Headrest with virutally no effort. This office chair with headrest by Humanscale was designed with no tension spring adjustments and no recline locks to set or release. Another benefit is that it allows you to maintain near-constant eye level as you recline.
The Freedom chair features a dynamic, articulating headrest to support the head and neck as users recline. It moves with the sitter, so they can change postures without making manual adjustments and stay comfortable in any position.
Self Adjusting Recline
Freedom eliminates the need for traditional recline mechanisms, which can be bulky and weigh up to 15 pounds. Instead, Freedom uses the sitter’s body weight and the laws of physics to perfectly and automatically adjust recline support for each individual.
Freedom's body-friendly armrests move up and down together, staying with the user during recline for continuous comfort and support. Unlike other chair designs, Freedom's armrests are attached to the back of the chair to ensure synchronous use.
- Seat Depth (from face of lumbar to front of seat): 16.25"– 18.5"
Seat Height (floor to compressed front center of seat cushion): 16"– 21" standard
Seat Width: 21"
Backrest Height: 18" (Adjustment range : 3" in 0.25" increments)
Chair Width: 27.25"
Armrest Height: Adjustment Range 5" - 11" (6" in 0.33" increments)
Armrest Length: 13" standard; 14.25"; advanced
Distance between Armrests (front inside edge): 20" standard; 11.5" - 21.5" advanced
Height (no headrest): 33.5" - 41.5"
Height (with headrest): 43" - 53" standard
Headrest Height Adjustment Range 5"
Base Diameter 25"
Backrest Width 21"
Foot Ring Diameter 18" or 21" (optional)
Foot Ring Height Adjustment (from floor) 6" - 11"
1. Standard Duron Arms – Standard Foam, Duron cover more durable than Xanium fixed positioning; does not adjust up/down, in/out.
2. Standard Gel Arm with Xanium Cover – Gel arms, 6” vertical adjustment; Xanium cover slightly lower quality than Duron.
3. Advanced Duron Arms – Standard foam arms, adjust up/down, pivot in/out; Duron tougher than Xanium; 1.25” longer than Standard armrest for additional forearm support.
4. Advanced Gel Arms with Xanium Cover – Gel arms, adjust up/down, pivot in/out; Xanium cover slightly lower quality than Duron; 1.25” longer than Standard armrest for additional forearm support.