DetailsThe Humanscale Freedom Task Chair is designed to automatically support the body with minimal need for manual controls.
The award winning Humanscale Freedom Task Chair is designed to lower the risk of long-term injuries caused by prolonged sitting. The Freedom Task Chair supports your body while stationary and in motion. By adjusting to the contours of your body when you are sitting still in addition to effortlessly maintaining comfort and ergonomics when you move around, the Freedom Task Chair provides the perfect amount of support regardless of how active you may be at your desk.
The Freedom chair by Niels Diffrient has revolutionized the task chair industry. Its weight-sensitive recline and synchronously adjustable armrests set new standards for task chair performance and functionality to keep the sitter exceptionally comfortable while also lowering the risk of long-term injury.
- Intelligent counter-balance recline mechanism automatically provides the right amount of support through the full range of recline motion, regardless of user size and weight
- No tension springs to adjust
- No recline locks to set/release
- During recline, the angle between torso and legs opens up for better body function
- User maintains near-constant eye level during recline
- Extra motion of the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of the spine
- Provides up to 1” additional lumbar support when needed
- Revolutionary armrests move in tandem to eliminate uneven arm positioning
- Natural lift and release action for immediate repositioning without buttons or locks
- 6” range of vertical motion to accommodate all users and tasks
- Can be positioned below thigh level for close table or desk work
- Attached to backrest so arms stay in same relation to body during recline
- Duron arm pad for durability and comfort
- Provides seat height range that accommodates 95% of the population
- Carefully sculpted to match body contours
- Increased contact area reduces pressure points
- Modular for easy replacement
- Size adjustable to fit more than 95% of the population
- Adjustments for fit-to-size:
- Seat Height: 5” adjustment range
- Seat Depth: 2.25” adjustment range
- Backrest/Lumbar Support Height: 3” adjustment range
- 2.5” double-wheel casters for carpeted floors
Weight and height capacity:
5’0” Woman to 6'4' Man
100 to 300 lbs.
Users outside the standard range can be accommodated by:
Low or Tall Cylinder
Chair weight: 35 lbs.
Backrest Recline: 22° recline plus 7° backrest tilt
Reference Angle between Seat and Back: 100° to 129°
Advanced Task Armrests:
Horizontal angle change from elbow pivot point
35° each armrest
Lockable in 5° increments
New arm assembly features clean aesthetic and improves efficiency of use, allowing the user to adjust the arms with just one hand
Headrest Radial Motion (automatic motion during recline): 30°
Lumbar Support Increase in Recline:1"
15 Years, 24/7 Warranty
Fabric/Cushions/Arm Pads: 5 Years, Single-Shift Warranty
with Special Financing