The BetterBack® is a portable and foldable back support, ergonomically designed to support proper neutral spine alignment and promote better posture. Its contoured wood shape keeps the integrity of the seat and back components independent of the surface on which you place it. You can even use it on a picnic bench.
It also helps you maintain a comfortable, anatomically correct sitting position, which is essential for both good health and personal well being. Sitting hunched over for extended periods of time can cause unnecessary backaches, muscle strain, and fatigue.
Luckily, the BetterBack® Seat Support can help prevent slouching and keep the spine in a neutral position. With the help of doctors and the medical profession, the BetterBack® is widely recommended by chiropractors, physiotherapists, doctors, and thousands of satisfied users.
- Molded wooden seat provides excellent pelvic support, and encourages a correct sitting position
- Molded wooden back ensures optimal support, relieving backache
- Ergonomic design encourages a natural relaxed sitting position
- Relieves strain on the lower back and pelvis
- High quality foam for added comfort
- Durable luxurious polysuede fabric
- Adjustable strap for easy attachment to chair/car seat
- Carrying strap makes the BetterBack® easy to take anywhere
- Includes adjustable strap for easy attachment to user's chair or car seat
- Includes removable, height adjustable LumbiPad® for additional lumbar support
- Colors: Black only
15.5” Depth front to back of seat
17.5" Wide at the front of the seat
13" Wide at the back of the seat
21.5" From the bottom of the back rest to the top
37" flat from the bottom of the seat to the top of the backrest
Weight: 6 lbs.
3 Year Limited Warranty.
- BetterBack Seat Support is rated out of 5 by 5.Rated 5 out of 5 by Marji from Have had this seat support since 1994. I first purchased the Betterback Seat Support in 1994. My husband had planned a trip to Europe and I was concerned that my chronic back problem would be exacerbated by the long flight. I used it at home for the week prior to the flight and was quite pleased. My plane trip was amazingly comfortable. The seat drew the interest of a group or orthopedic doctors who were traveling to Europe for a conference. All asked me for comments at the end of the flight and took the product information from the back of the seat. I am now in need of a new seat as other members of my family "steal" the seat when they visit. I also need a new cover as my original cover is rather ragged.Date published: 2011-04-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Babs from I take it everywhere I have this better back seat for 10 years.. I use it in my car and when I travel on planes.. Its a lifesaver.. I also need it as a booster seat, but it allows my back to adjust to sitting properly which makes such a difference in my long or short trips. I keep taking it from my car to my husbands car which at this point is sensesless and I am purchasing a new one so that I have them in both cars. I highly recommend this to anyone with a back...LOL it is a comfort at a show, or wherever or whenever you are sitting for a long period of time. It may be a bit cumbersome to carry, but worth the schlep.Date published: 2012-07-03Rated 5 out of 5 by DMD from What a relief! I bought this for my husband about five years ago, hoping that it would work. He has degenerative joint disease and, before we had this seat support, would suffer several days of pain and numbness after a half-hour car trip. Now, with this product, we can easily make the 500 mile round trip to Virginia to see our grandson, even when we're stuck on I-95 for hours on end. I don't know how it works; I just know that it does!Date published: 2010-10-09Rated 5 out of 5 by drmar120 from Stalwart back support My wife and I have had one of these in the driver's seat of our Ford Taurus for 8 years. My wife loves it because she's small and needs a "booster seat." I like it for my bad back. We'll be getting a second one for our new Camry. Comfortable, supportive, well built. A little pricey, but well worth it.Date published: 2011-11-01Rated 2 out of 5 by pat32 from Returning back support is excellent but the seat appears to have more padding than actually does; sat on for 2 hours and have had pain in my butt for 2 days.Date published: 2016-12-16